Friday, June 19, 2009

Thoughts on 3.2 Patch Notes 1.0

By the looks of it us Resto druids are being only slightly tweaked with no overwhelming changes.

Here are the highlights I found relevant to us Trees:

Mana Regeneration: All items that provide "X mana per five seconds" have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%.

- This appears to be directed more at shaman and paladin healers since a majority of our Tree regeneration should be through Spirit regeneration. My guess is that this was added primarily to make up for the loss of mana regeneration Paladins are getting with their illumination nerf.


Replenishment: This buff now grants 1% of the target's maximum mana over 5 seconds instead of 0.25% per second. This applies to all 5 sources of Replenishment (Vampiric Touch, Judgements of the Wise, Hunting Party, Enduring Winter Frostbolts and Soul Leech).

- So instead of 1.25% mana over 5 seconds we get 1%. Not a huge deal but still a slight lowering of our replenish regen. Also notice that our Revitalize talent is not mentioned.


Innervate: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, and cooldown reduced to 3 minutes. This means each use of Innervate will give half as much mana as before, but it will be available twice as often.

-Eh take it or leave it. I'm handing out my innervate to mages on non-hardmode fights anyhoo. When I first saw this my initial reaction was remembering back in BT when I had to decide when to drink my first mana potion so my next one would be off cooldown at the appropriate time in the fight.


Lifebloom: The final heal that occurs when this spell blooms has been reduced by 20% on the base and on the spell power coefficient.

- Pretty significant nerf to the bloom though this appears to be a PvP nerf more than anything else. The only fight where I could reliably time my bloom to go off at a good time was Maexna and maybe Iron Council: Steelbreaker if I was lucky, the rest is generally overheal. Gone will be the days of seeing 18k lifebloom crits :(


Empowered Touch: Now also increases the amount of bonus healing effects for Nourish by 10/20%.

- This change caught my eye right away. Nourish has already taken Regrowth's spot as my primary direct heal and with another 20% bonus from spellpower I'm very excited to see how high these Nourish crits can go. Currently I'm wearing the glyph but not 4pc Tier 7 and fully HoTted peeps can receive crits between 10-11k.


Although this is all preliminary it appears that us Tree druids are simply being tweaked a little, nothing major. I think that is appropriate as I'm personally happy with the state of druid healing at the moment and I know there are other classes that have had issues for quite some time *cough shammy cough*.
Source: MMO-Champion

No comments:

Post a Comment